Mountain Escapes Rental Rates & Policies
1. CHECK-IN TIME is after 3 P.M. EST and CHECK OUT TIME is by 10 A.M. EST.
2. Our mountain rental cabins are NON SMOKING.
3. AGE – We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent during the entire stay. We do not allow minors under 21 years of age to drink alcoholic beverages on our properties.
4. RATES – Our Georgia mountain cabins are privately held and rates are coordinated directly with the individual owners based on the size of the cabin, décor, age of the cabin, location and time of year. Rates per cabin vary and are listed under the cabin descriptions for each cabin. In addition to the rates listed, the following additional fees apply:
a. 10% lodging tax. This is a mandatory tax and is paid directly by Mountain Escapes to the State of Georgia and also to Fannin County.
b. Cleaning fee. Cleaning fees vary per cabin based on the size of the cabin. Note: Each cabin is assigned a consistent cleaning crew to ensure that each cabin and its contents remain and are in the same condition at check out as they were at check-in.
c. Per person fee above 4. All rates are based on 4 person occupancy. An additional $10 per person per night is charged for every person above 4. A child 1 year or older is counted as a person. Do note that some cabins do not allow children under certain ages.
d. An incremental $50 holiday rate applies per night. Relevant holidays include Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
e. Pet fees. Many cabin owners do not allow pets in their cabins. Please check the cabin description for this information. For those cabins that do allow pets, a nominal pet fee of $15 per animal per night to cover additional cleaning required at check-out applies. Pets are not permitted in the hot tub or on the furniture. If damages occur as a result of the pet during your stay, forfeiture of your deposit and additional repair charges may apply. If you do leave the pet in the cabin alone for any duration, we require all pets to be crated to avoid any damage a nervous pet may create. Guests also agree to be in full control of their pets at all times and take full responsibility for the health and well being of their pets.
f. Security deposit (see details below).
g. Extended stays. Should guests extend their stay for any reason, guests agree to pay Mountain Escapes the previously agreed upon daily rental rate, per day they extended their stay.
5. PAYMENTS – In order to secure your reservation, 50% of total rental amount minus the security deposit (includes rental fee, taxes and cleaning fees) is due at time of reservation. The balance (remaining 50% of total rent plus security deposit) is due 30 days before arrival date. For rentals made within 30 days of arrival, full payment of total rent plus security deposit is due at time of reservation.
VISA, MASTERCARD and DISCOVER credit cards are accepted via our secure site.
Alternatively, you can pay by electronic check on our secure site made payable to “Mountain Escapes”.
7. DISCOUNTS – Stay 5 nights, get the 6th night free. Also, at time of booking, please let your reservationist know if you’re a repeat guest. Upon confirmation, you are eligible for a 10% discount off your rental fee.
8. SECURITY DEPOSIT – A $500 security/ damage deposit is required 30 days prior to arrival date. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent however, is fully refundable provided this entire policy agreement is met including the following provisions:
a.No damage is incurred by the rental cabin or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, or services rendered during the stay.
- Heels are not to be worn inside the cabin due to the damage they cause on hardwoods.
c. All debris, rubbish, discards and other items deemed as trash are placed in garbage bags and then placed in the refuse containers outside. The top of the refuse containers must be secured shut in order to avoid wildlife access to this trash.
d. Soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and dishwater is started.
e. Beds are stripped of the sheets and one load of laundry is started.
f. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
g. No linens or household items are lost or damaged.
h. Guests agree to keep the cabin doors closed and locked when leaving the premises
Note: Any damage in excess of the security deposit will be billed to the person booking the stay.
9. CANCELLATIONS/ EARLY DEPARTURES – Cancellations are subject to a $75 cancellation fee and require a notice via email, fax or mail. Cancellations made (30) days or more prior to the arrival date are charged the cancellation fee only. Cancellations made more than (14) days and less than (30) days prior to arrival date are charged the cancellation fee plus forfeiture of the security deposit. Cancellations within (14) days before arrival date are charged the full rental payment less the security deposit.
Changes that result in a shortened stay that are made more than (14) days and less than (30) days before arrival date, forfeit the rent applicable to unused days or the amount of the security deposit, whichever is the lesser amount. Changes resulting in a shortened stay made less than (14) days prior to arrival date require full rental payment for days previously booked. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent. If some or all of your party does not show up, this does not warrant any refund of rent.
10. REFUNDS – If problems arise during your stay, Mountain Escapes will make every reasonable effort to correct this in a timely manner. However, there should be no expectation of refund or relocation because of disappointment with the property. There will also be no refunds for: acts of nature, acts of war or government agencies, road maintenance, impassable roads, gas shortages, power outages or water outages. There will also be no refund or compensation for guests who injure themselves, experience allergies, insect bites/experiences, or encounter bear, deer, turkey, snakes, mice, birds, ladybugs, bees, wasps, ants, chiggers, scorpions, etc. And last, there will be no compensation for inconveniences caused by construction, construction noise, road repair, and maintenance at nearby sites.
11. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests per cabin varies per cabin. Please check the cabin descriptions to find out this information. Any occupancy over four (4) persons is assessed an additional charge of $10.00 per person per night. A child 1 year or older is counted as a person. Occupancy above the number stated by guest prior to arrival is subject to forfeiture of deposit.
12. FIREPLACES & FIRE PITS – Guests agree that no fire will be left unattended and accept liability for any/all damages that may occur due to neglect and/or irresponsible behavior as determined by Mountain Escapes. Guests acknowledge, understand and agree that no items shall be burned in gas log units except the gas log and no other items other than hardwood or duraflame type logs shall be burned in wood burning fireplaces. If a property does not offer a fire pit, guests will not make one, as doing so is considered damage.
13. PROPANE GRILLS – If a grill is fueled by liquid propane, guests may not add any charcoal or other charcoal derivative to the propane grills.
14. HOT TUBS – Hot tubs are cleaned prior to guest’s arrival and guests should not add any object or chemical/s to the hot tubs. Guests understand that hot tub usage is at their own risk and will not hold Mountain Escapes or the Property Owner responsible for any injury. Guests also understand and agree that children are forbidden to be in the hot tub without supervision of a responsible adult. Pets are also forbidden to enter the hot tub.
15. CONDUCT – Guests agree to not disturb or offend neighbors or communities including but not limited to excessive noise, holding parties, speeding or excessively damaging roads, riding of off road/ all terrain vehicles or dirt bikes. Guests may also not discharge firearms, firecrackers, BB/pellets, paint ball guns or fireworks from the property. Guests are also strictly prohibited from possessing and/or using illegal drugs or performing other illegal activities on the property. Any of the above activities is subject to eviction and forfeiture of rent and the guest’s deposit.
16. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – Linens and bath towels are included in the rental cabin rates. While a one-time linen and towel set up is provided, daily maid service is not offered. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabins, even for temporary purposes.
17. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of rental money and deposit, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
18. PARKING – Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
19. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms and other acts of nature. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained, however we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions and/or driver mishaps which may lead to the purchase of towing services or which may restrict access to the cabin.
20. RIGHT OF ENTRY – Guests acknowledge, understand, and agree that Mountain Escapes reserves and the cabin owner reserves the right to enter property at anytime to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check damages, make repairs and maintenance calls, alterations, and improvements, as Mountain Escapes and/or the owner deem necessary.
21. MAINTENANCE – In case of a breakdown of any property equipment, guests shall notify Mountain Escapes immediately to make the necessary repairs. We cannot guarantee; heat, air conditioning, electricity, water, any appliances, cable/satellite television, telephones, electronics, gas logs, grills, etc. No refunds or compensation will be given for failure of the above. Should a repair person make a call to repair or replace a unit that is found to be in non-working order and the problem was due to Guests’ oversight, neglect or misuse, Guests agree that the repair call costs may be billed to the Guests’ credit card on file.
22. LIABILITY – This Cabin Rental Agreement is a legally binding agreement between Guest, Agents & Cabin Owner. All of the cabins are privately owned; Mountain Escapes and the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Mountain Escapes and the cabin owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. Mountain Escapes and the owners are not responsible for any encounters with wildlife and/or insects that may occur. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
23. VIOLATION OF AGREEMENT/CONTRACT/ EXPEDITED EVICTION – Guests acknowledge, understand, and agree that Mountain Escapes reserve the right to remove guests/renters, if any of the Agreement/Contract items are not met and will not be required to refund the rent or security deposit.
24. DISPUTES – This Agreement/Contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia and be treated as though it were executed in the County of Fannin, State of Georgia. Any action relating to this Agreement/Contract shall be instituted and prosecuted only in the Fannin County Superior Court, Georgia. Guests specifically consent to such jurisdiction and to extraterritorial service of process.
25. UPON CHECKOUT - Please: Strip sheets and pillow cases off beds, start first load of laundry and load and start dishwasher to facilitate maid service cleaning of cabins.